Site icon 小匚的个人博客

想表达连续事情都中断如何用英语说

要形容一件事情连续发生了很多次后被打断,这里有几个例子:

1. “The streak was broken”

— 这个表达意味着某种连续的状态或行为被中断了。”Streak” 在这里指一连串相同的事件或成就。

2. “The sequence was interrupted”

— 意味着一系列的连续事件被意外或故意打断了。

3. “The run came to an end”

— 这里的 “run” 指的是连胜、连败或任何形式的连续发生的事件,”came to an end” 表示这种状态停止了。

4. “The chain was broken”

— 类似于 “the streak was broken”,”chain” 强调的是事情之间像链条一样的连接,被打断了。

5. “It was cut short”

— 这个表达强调事件或活动在预期完成之前被迫结束。

6. “Continuity was disrupted”

— 这句话用了一个稍微正式的词汇”disrupted”,表示连续性被打乱了。

这些表达方式可以根据你想要传达的情感强度和上下文的正式程度来选择使用。

Scenario 1: Work Meeting

Colleague A: We had a solid streak going with this project, didn’t we?  

我们这个项目有一段不错的连胜纪录,对吧?😎

Colleague B: Yep, but the streak was broken. Budget reevaluations on their end.  

是的,但连胜纪录被打断了。他们那边要重新评估预算。🤔

Scenario 2: Binge-Watching

Friend A: Man, we were on such a run with these episodes.  

哥们,我们真是一口气追了好多集。📺

Friend B: True, but looks like the run came to an end. My eyes are killing me.  

没错,但看来连续追剧到此为止了。我的眼睛快瞎了。😵

Scenario 3: Fitness Routine

Gym Buddy: We’ve been hitting the gym non-stop. Feels good to be consistent.  

我们一直在不停地健身。保持连续性感觉真好。💪

You: I know, but it looks like our sequence was interrupted. Got to travel for work.  

我知道,但看来我们的连续性被打断了。得为工作出差了。🧳

Scenario 4: Studying

Student: I’ve been studying every day, like clockwork.  

我一直每天都在学习,就像钟表一样准时。📚

Mentor: That dedication! But even if continuity was disrupted, you can always get back on track.  

很努力!但即使连续性被打乱,你也总能回到正轨。🌟

更随意口语一点的:

Scenario 1: Work Meeting

Colleague A:We were on a roll for three weeks straight with this project.  

我们这个项目已经连续三周进展顺利了。😎

Colleague B: Yeah, but now there’s a pause. The client’s rethinking their budget.  

是的,但现在得暂停一下。客户在重新考虑他们的预算。🤔

Colleague A: Bummer, our streak’s snapped.  

真糟糕,我们的连胜纪录被打断了。😢

Scenario 2: Binge-Watching

Friend A: Five episodes back-to-back, this show’s addictive!  

连续看了五集,这剧太上头了!📺

Friend B: Totally, but my eyes need a break, dude.  

完全同意,但我的眼睛需要休息。

Scenario 3: Working Out

Trainer: You’ve been killing it, four days a week for three months.  

你已经做得很好了,三个月来每周四天。💪

Client: Felt great, but I’ve got to skip a month for a work trip.  

感觉很好,但我得因为出差跳过一个月。🧳

Trainer: No sweat, just pick up where you left off.  

没关系,回来后接着来。👌

Exit mobile version